Just Another Day is coming soon as a book! (Or two.) With a bunch of extra bits not included in the comic. Or maybe it'll just sit on my hard drive since, like most artists and writers, my work embarasses me... Anywho, until I make a proper epub, or even go all the way to print, here they shall be posted online for you to enjoy! Or perhaps share in my cringing with. Either way, here they be.
- The Early Years
Banished and on her own due to wanderlust, Shanku has left the forest behind to see great plains, deep sea, towering mountains, and the frozen north. Amidst new friends, thrilling adventures, and painful heartache, she patiently awaits to one day return home.
Arc One: Little Dreamer
Chapter 1: Little Dreamer
Chapter 2: Dreamweaver
Chapter 3: Awakening
Chapter 4: Nightmares
Chapter 5: Sleeping with the Fishes
Arc Two: S.A.I.L.S.
Chapter 6: Sailing
Chapter 7: Ale
Chapter 8: Illness
Chapter 9: Lightning
Chapter 10: Swimming
Arc Three: Red Roger
Chapter 11: Red Roger
Chapter 12: Revenge
Chapter 13: Remembrance
Chapter 14: Remorse
Chapter 15: Run Away
Arc Four: F.E.R.A.L.
Chapter 16: Freedom Lost
Chapter 17: Eager Student
Chapter 18: Roaring Cave
Chapter 19: Arloda Shimmerstone
Chapter 20: Lost Child
Arc Five: Land of Ice and Snow
Chapter 21: Travelling North
Chapter 22: Blizzard
Chapter 23: Land of Ice and Snow
Chapter 24: Final Ascension
Chapter 25: Farewell, ice!
- The Sylvan of the Nyre
After being exiled for ten years, Shanku has finally returned to loved ones and familiar territory. But home is not how she left it and there is civil unrest among her kind.
Arc Six: Return to the Nyre
Chapter 26: Return to the Nyre
Chapter 27: Partner in Crime
Chapter 28: The Elders
Chapter 29: Imperial Grove
Chapter 30: Negotiations
Arc Seven: Challenge
Chapter 31: Hostages
Chapter 32: Melée
Chapter 33: Challenge
Chapter 34: Search
Chapter 35: Preparation
Arc Eight: Tournament
Chapter 36: Tournament
Chapter 37: Feet and Feat
These are the short stories (and flash fiction and novellettes) as they were originally written. Some were properly added in to the JAD novels, some weren't, some are canon, some are just brainstorming.
- How the Kurach Came to Walk on Two Feet
- Long ago, the Kurach were simple little forest animals. Then one day, one of them sought the help of the faefolk and changed his people forever.
- How the Kurach Came to Wear Clothes
- Long ago, the Kurach were simple little naked forest animals. Then one day, they got tired of thorns in their bums.
- Common Love
- While taking a stroll one day, Zanzen notices a young huntress stalking a buck.
- Consulting the Naiad
- Nari seeks Danæ the naiad to learn what has become of her daughter.
- Dwarven Encounter
- Shortly after Shanku became exiled, she was still prone to wandering around in places and meeting things she shouldn't.
- Kikeru's Descent
- A minocentaur goes from quiet sire to vengeful warlock.
- Fretful Parents
- Nari and Zanzen worrying over their lost cub.
- Rhett takes it upon himself to dutifully watch over the hunters in the Nyre to prevent another incident like the Port's Plague.
- Hilael and Third Child
- Muso has taken it upon himself to protect his older brother.
- Hilael's pleasant spring afternoon is interrupted by a mischievous Shanku.
- Soldiers on the Plains
- Travelling to the forest can be dangerous for the Heyen clan since they must pass close by to the human city, Wynfall.
- How Zihna Met Dai
- After finding a strange beast injured by a rivercat, Zihna is approached by a creature she knows all too well.
- Jakko's Debt Repaid
- Shanku and Jakko are good friends, but they didn't start out that way! Read how Jakko got off on the wrong foot — er, paw — and gained Shanku's friendship.
- Eru has heard the call of the wind and answered.
- Family Business
- Hinto is growing up and being trained in the family business.
- Kadin's First Horse
- Kadin is soon to come of age and seeks his companion.
- Shanku struggles to focus during a sparring match.
- Dining with Dwarves
- Students in a dining hall tell of their mistakes.
- Morgan's Dog
- Captain Morgan used to have a dog and he used to not mind Kurach so much.
- Whitten's Wife
- Whitten was married??
- Cabin Boys
- Before captaining a ship and peering through telescopes, Morgan and Dawson were running up and down the decks and shrouds.
- Hopeful Merchants
- Zos and Junaid leave Arbos and seek to establish a trade route.
- The Madman
- A letter Shanku wrote to Dai and Zihna.
- Pirate Raid
- The Brelland Seacat targets a familiar vessel.